In our busy morning routines, we bath, brush and comb. Majority of ladies take care of their faces by moisturizing them and making them up. Hands are also often taken care of BUT feet are the most neglected part.
Our feet are the load bearers and shock absorbers of our body. During harsh winters of our country feet are mostly covered and when they come out in the summers they are carelessly used. Slippers and sandles expose the feet to sun, dirt and injuries. Unattended feet with cracked heels are a common sight in otherwise dressed up ladies!
Please give extra attention to the feet and pamper them because this is the only pair we are going in get in our lifetime! Here are a few simple tips for taking care of our feet during summers. You can at least repeat these steps once daily before going to bed or may be on the weekends if you are as lazy as me :s
- Wash and clean your feet everyday using warm water and soap.
- Exfoliate or scrub (pumice stones on wet skin, foot files on dry skin) to avoid excessive build up of dead skin if you do not have it already!
- Apply moisturizers whenever possible. Dry feet become dirty easily.
- If you have cracked heels, soak for 10 minutes, exfoliate, and apply thick moisturizer like petroleum jelly or my home made moisturizer and then repeat daily until your skin become soft in a few days.
- Don’t wear the same shoes every day. Shoes need about 24 hours to completely dry out from the last time they were worn.
- When you’re wearing tight shoes, foot perspiration can be a problem. Wash feet frequently.
- Pamper your feet (at least once a week) by soaking and massaging.
- Even if your sandals are adorable, they aren’t worth it if they’re giving you blisters! Make sure you wear appropriate shoes for the occasion, and ones that fit – even if you think you have big feet, it’s not worth it to try and squeeze them into a shoe that is smaller than what they need.
Lastly, my home made moisturizer which works wonderfully in summers and on the dry winter skin too! Its as easy as 1 2 3 ….you just have to mix 3 liquids in equal quantities and preserve in a bottle. Apply generously every night.
Recipe for the home made moisturizer: Take lemon juice (fresh) , glycerin and rose water in equal quantities and mix well. Store in a closed bottle and keep refrigerated and you can easily prepare more once your supply finishes! Try it!
After all these efforts you will be rewarded with beautiful feet this summer!
Picture courtesy “Beauty Tips”