Parenting is such a difficult job and you can not get trained for it. Everytime we read and observe to find new things and regret the things we should have or could have done. But even if we start today ….its not late.
I read this very interesting list of things and realized how often we , the parents, who claim to love the child the most, do not let the child be a child!
IF I HAD MY CHILD TO RAISE OVER AGAIN
If I had to raise my child all over again,
• I’d finger paint more, and point the finger less.
• I’d do less correcting, and more connecting,
• I’d take my eyes of my watch, and watch with my eyes.
• I would care to know less, and know to care more.
• I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.
• I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.
• I’d run through more fields, and gaze more at stars.
• I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
• I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
• I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.
• I’d teach less about the love of power,
• And more about the power of love.
By Diane Loomans