Gulab jaman is a traditional and tasty Pakistani sweet dish. My sister-in-law (nand) makes one of the best gulab jaman I have ever tasted. Its very quick and easy to make. Try it!
Preparation time : 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Good for: 5-6 people(12-14 balls depending on the size)
1 cup nido
1 tbsp. flour
1 teasp. baking powder
1 teasp. suji
2 tbsp. oil
1. Mix and sieve dry ingredients (flour, nido powder, suji) 2 to 3 times.
2. Put oil in it and mix with hand.
3. Now add egg. Mix with spoon.
4. Even if your mixture is not smooth but it should form a ball. If the mixture is crumbly, add half an egg or a bit more.
5. Make small balls and fry the balls in a shallow pan on a very very low heat for 10-15 mins. Do not turn on the stove till u are done with the balls. Put balls in a very slightly warm oil.
4 cup water
Cook water,sugar and cardamom in a pan to make the sugar mixture. Keep it on medium heat 5 minutes after the sugar is fully dissolved. Start making this mixture when you start frying the balls so its ready by the time the balls are golden brown.
Now put the fried balls in the water mixture made in step 2 and cook for good 10-15 mins. Turn the balls upside down after every 7-8 mins so they should be cooked from both the sides.
Serve after garnishing with the flakes of nuts.